AFAR Media is looking for a dynamic, organized Sales Planner to join our sales team in New York City. The Sales Planner will serve as frontline support for our integrated sales team of senior sellers. The Sales Planner also has a critical relationship with the digital ad operations team as they hand off sold programs for execution. The crux of the role will be developing digital and integrated media plans that lead to sales campaign success and renewal business.The Sales Planner will be responsible for the pre-sales process including RFP responses, media plans, providing ad specs, and IO approvals. This role should provide excellent quality service to our advertisers and agency partners and take a strategic approach to inventory management and media plan creation. You’ll become knowledgeable in all aspects of the sales process and serve as a team liaison with advertising agencies and clients as well as with internal groups. The Sales Planner will often represent the Sales Directors in following up on questions or requesting information or materials with agencies and accounts.
in this role requires strong planning, organizational and people skills. The
ability to communicate effectively at multiple levels both internally and
within client / agency businesses is essential for successful performance.
Attention to detail and the ability to remain calm and focused under pressure
and at times high volume of workload are also key capabilities in this role.
Strong entrepreneurial spirit and familiarity with a digital media plan is a
Good to Know:
AFAR is moving quickly, has big plans for the future, and is searching for someone as determined as we are who will thrive in our fast-paced and exciting environment. If you crave constant direction and predictability, this is probably not the media company for you. At AFAR our employees step up, step in, take ownership and wear as many hats as needed to achieve our goals and get the job done.
Sales Planner Responsibilities:
· Work in partnership with the Sales and Marketing Teams to develop, price, and prepare multi-platform digital proposals
· Provides a “knowledge bridge” between the digital team in Ad Operations and the sales teams
· Support development of RFP process utilizing the full scope of AFAR ad products that strategically address the advertiser’s needs and campaign objectives
· Build and revise media plans, check avails, reserve fixed placements and update associated inventory reservation calendars. Keep Sales and Marketing updated with sponsorship changes and inventory availability
· Review incoming digital IOs and confirm alignment with media plan and inventory availability with Project Manager, Sales & Finance
· Participate in campaign Kick-off calls with Campaign Manager & team
· Coordinate handoff of digital campaigns to Campaign Management to ensure pre-sale/post-sale continuity
· Update media plans accordingly throughout campaign and facilitate IO update with Sales Coordinator & Project Manager
· Field agency/client requests/questions and work with the appropriate department to resolve
· Understand and strategically leverage the full suite of AFAR products across all platforms
· Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external clients
· Communicate detailed and specific account information to Sales and sales support management
· BA/BS with industry emphasis or related digital experience
· Strong attention to detail with exceptional problem solving and analytical skills
· Goal oriented with strong drive to learn and constantly improve
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Proven ability to work successfully both independently and within a team environment
· Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment, across multiple clients
· Exhibits proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly in Excel
· Experience with first party ad servers and verification vendors; Doubleclick for Publishers and MOAT a plus
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org