Data Governance & Steward Analyst
|Mid Career (2+ years of experience)
The Data Governance and Stewardship Analyst role exists to insure the overall quality of data solutions and on a day to day basis performs tasks to ensure the integrity of data moving in and out of the Data and Informatics environments. In addition, the incumbent participates in the planning, design, development, and launch of efficient data related systems (enterprise data warehouses, enterprise dimensional models, Microsoft Business Intelligence cubes, relational databases and legacy systems) in support of core organizational functions and business processes intersecting with the Data and Informatics Division. This includes eliciting and analyzing and testing systems and data in support of business cases, proposed projects, and systems requirements. The Data Governance and Stewardship Analyst is also responsible for identifying issues, the probable causes and possible solutions. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to maximize the ability to satisfy commitment to ensuring the data integrity within our data and analytics related systems.
The analyst performs in a developing capacity with increased responsibility under the general supervision of a Manager, Supervisor, Lead Analyst, or Senior Analyst. Principle accountabilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Maintains and follows procedures to support systems security, data integrity and the timeliness of updates and delivery of enterprise data warehouses, enterprise dimensional models, Microsoft Business Intelligence cubes, relational databases and legacy systems until sunset. Directly involved in the creation and support of extracts for downstream applications such as Audit, Member Health Statements and Federal/State/Local required initiatives. Directly involved in writing sequel queries to extract data from backend source systems to reconcile to frontend presentation. Assists in the diagnosis of problems and proposes potential resolutions then works with TOS Programmers/Developers, Business Analysts, Systems Analysts, Data Architects and Solution Architects to implement solutions. Assist in the creation of test cases to validate changes made to correct or enhance systems. Work with Subject Matter Experts in interacting with customers, (internal & external including Vendors). Directly involved in eliciting, reviewing, analyzing, interpreting and documenting requirements for business/system’s needs. Perform and review daily/monthly routine system balancing and provide approval for subject areas such as Claims, Enrollment, Revenue, Employer Groups, Products and Providers so data can be released to internal and external users. Analyst will be on call to immediately address any production issues. Participate in development of data flows and interpretation of data models. Maintain technical and functional systems documentation such as mapping documents, Standard Operating Procedures, extract specifications and transformation specifications to ensure information is accurate and up to date. Generates and distributes standard reports for high profile accounts within required timeframes to prevent the Corporation from incurring penalties under performance guarantee agreements.
Drive efforts to analyze, evaluate, and interpret data. Substantiate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs. Review and approve elicited requirements and development of project requirements documents and system design life cycle documents such as Solutions Architect Packages and Project Work plans. Assist in the creation of Data Marts, DA/ODS and enhancements to add data elements to production files. Test/validate changes/enhancements to D&I and Corporate systems and review appropriate documentation using corporate tools such as Common Work Requests when necessary. Participate in development of data flows and interpretation of data models. Creates and reviews technical and functional systems documentation such as mapping documents, Standard Operating Procedures, extract specifications and transformation specifications to ensure information is accurate and up to date.
Execute and enforce data policies. Develop clear and concise documentation, training and data modeling.
Expand technical and business knowledge through individual research and on-the-job training. Participate in meetings and facilitate information exchange with people in other departments and/or external customers. Expand knowledge of the systems, methods, practices, procedures, policies, regulations followed at CareFirst and develop technical skills including but not limited to SQL.
Perform team administrative duties including status reporting, daily project time reporting and self/peer/project assessments.
This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Information Technology, Computer Science or related fields OR equivalent experience AND 1-3 years’ experience working in an IT development, data warehousing, data informatics, business intelligence or related environment.
Experience with the following technologies/languages/technical and business skills:
• Hands-on experience with SQL
• Understanding of Data Warehousing, Data Modeling, Data Flows, Operational Data Stores and Data mining
• Ability to create reports using at least one of the following: SQL, File Aide, SSRS, Excel, Hyperion or other reporting tools.
• Ability to use and manipulate data in large scale (e.g. flat files, Access, SQL, Oracle)
• Working knowledge of Relational databases and methods for efficient data retrieval.
• Demonstrated ability to elicit, document, analyze and verify requirements.
• Knowledge and experience with creating use cases and user acceptance testing concepts.
In addition must have:
6. The ability to be flexible and to work independently participate and in small teams.
7. Excellent analytical skills. Must be able to not only extract and manipulate data but understand what the data represents; to review information critically and ensure that it is accurate and reasonable within the context that it is presented.
8. The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
9. Excellent project management and organizational skills. Must be flexible and willing to work additional hours as necessary to complete work during critical deadlines and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
10. Good oral and written communications abilities; strong interpersonal skills for customer interfacing.
11. The ability to provide assistance and advice to Business users in the effective use of data in the Operational Data Stores and Enterprise Warehouse.
12. The ability to serve as a liaison and facilitator between the business units to assist in addressing and resolving data issues.
• Project management methodology including full system development life cycle.
• Experience with software testing, test management and defect tracking tools.
• Knowledge of organization and operations of the business areas.
• Understanding of basic Internet and client/server architectures.
• Technical writing experience and training experience.
• Experience with Requirements Management Tools.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Business Intelligence suite
Department: Data Intel & Steward
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 2/24/17
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship
- JobId: 9321
- Position Type: Full-Time
- Experience Level: Not Specified
- Posted / Updated: 1/20/2017