Data Integrity and Quality Analyst
|Entry Level (Less than 2 years of Experience)
Data Integrity and Quality Analyst
||180 - 365 Days
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Volt has an opening for a Data Integrity and Quality Analyst with strong Data Analysis experience and preferred experience in Data Governance/Quality for organizing, conducting and documenting Business and Technical Data Governance (DG) and Data Quality (DQ) requirements. Volt's Client is the "World's Greatest Bank", where fresh and unexpected are the norm.
Data Governance and Quality Analysts (DGQAs) are responsible for organizing, conducting and documenting Business and Technical Data Governance (DG) and Data Quality (DQ) requirements and working with Business and Data Analysts to link DG and DQ solutions with Business needs for project initiatives.
- Preparing and publishing meeting agendas/topics, providing any pre-reading or participant preparatory materials, and leading Data Governance and Data Quality procedural requirements discussions.
- The DGQA must also excel at documenting Business and Technical feasibility assessments related to requirements, evaluating gaps in technical capabilities, and communicating with business and technical teams on the responsibilities related to performing DG and DQ tasks.
- Our DGQAs also must be able to "translate" or relay the "meaning" of the DG and DQ Requirements to Solution Architects or Designers and BSA's in order to support Business and Technical Users.
- They will assist Architects/Designers with monitoring development work for adherence to the DG and DQ Requirement's intent, and assist with developing Proofs of Concepts or Prototypes from Architect/Designer's technical documentation when required.
- This usually means that they will work with the Designers, Developers and SMEs to ensure that attributes, reports or other outputs of the design are in line with what the DGQA heard during the Requirements gathering sessions.
- DGQAs will work with Developers during Unit Testing to ensure that functionality that has been developed, lines up with the Technical design specifications, and communicates results to the DG Manager, DQ Lead, PM and Architects.
- DGQAs lead Data Steward and Technical Steward User Acceptance Testing of DG and DQ procedures and applications to determine effectiveness and usability.
- An important DGQA function is to assure the integrity of DG and DQ Requirements flow to Design, Development, Testing and Deployment by maintaining a Requirements Traceability Matrix throughout the life of project lifecycles.
- DGQAs must be able to:
- Perform Data Quality analysis Activities
- Create standard routines for ensuring data quality as defined by the Data Engineering and Architecture team
- This includes connecting to existing Databases and exporting metadata upon request in order to create and maintain Metadata Dictionaries and documentation
- Create a process for configuring and maintaining the relationship between Metadata Dictionaries and a Master Business Glossary
- Designing Data Profiling plans and performing data profiling to assess data quality using agreed upon data quality assessment dimensions (i.e. Conformity, Completeness, Consistency)
- Analyze and Summarize data profiling results
- Build out Data Quality Dashboards
- Report to the Data Governance Manager analyses of data organization or data structures that should be reflected in the governance repository
- Participate in Issue Validation and Resolution
- As part of the Issue Resolution process, assist in determining the validity and resolution of suspected issues
- Work with Data Governance Manager and Project Manager to design resolution testing criteria
- Participate or lead testing of resolutions as required
- Create Knowledge Assets
- Author and/or update governance repository with business, cleanse and harmonization rules and other data integration information uncovered during Data Quality analysis activities
- Create new or enhance, Data Quality and Data Governance procedures in collaboration with the Data Governance Manager and Data Quality Lead
Design and document data audit processes and matrices. The results of these audits should be tied into service level agreements (SLAs) between data entry personnel, IT, and the appropriate business units
- Develop data validation mechanisms and enforce methods for ensuring data quality and accuracy at the point of entry
- Communicate across functional and Business Unit boundaries
- Lead Data Discovery and Data Quality/Data Governance procedural requirements meetings with Business Units, Data Governance Manager, Data Quality Lead, Data architects, Administrators, Business/Data Analysts and others as required
In today's job market, "who you know" matters more than ever - and that's why you should get to know Volt. We're one of the world's largest recruiting companies, yet our success is built one successful placement at a time. Each of our recruiters has niche industry expertise, committed to connecting top talent with respected companies.
Through Volt's Military Heroes Program, Volt secures the talents of American's veterans and encourages their dependents and spouses to contact Volt. Volt is a member of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership and is proud to support the Wounded Warrior Project.
For more opportunities, connect with us online at volt.com/NorCal.
Volt is an equal opportunity employer.
Required Skill Set:
- Data profiling planning experience (Minimum 2 data profiling engagements)
- Data profiling execution experience (ideally with IBI Data Profiler toolset)
- Data Quality profiling analysis and summarization
- Strong documentation skills
- Data Governance procedure design and authoring skills including workflow and data processing/management (Minimum 1 full Data Governance implementation project)
- Strong communication and customer (internal) facing skills
- Excellent organizational skills required including:
- Analytical and problem-solving
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and coordinate competing deliverables
- Ability to organize, conduct and document Business and Technical Review meetings
- Ability to interpret Business Process and Data Flow diagrams and Technical Design Documentation
- Able to write SQL queries of varying complexity
- Ability to execute queries using common tools such as Toad or SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
- ETL mapping and transformation definition experience
- Intermediate level Visio documentation skills
Nice to have skills:
- Familiarity with Databases connection and schema formats such as OLTP, OLAP, Star/Snowflake, and Dimensional schemas
- Familiarity with creating reporting dashboards
- Familiarity with an E/R diagraming tool (Embarcadero/ERWin etc.)
Click on the Apply button to apply for this job.
***PLEASE NOTE:*** When calling in for this position, please call our Recruiter at: (916) 923-0544. Thank you.