Data Architect - Big Data
CCC Information Services, Inc.
CCC provides the technology, data and insight needed to help our customers make informed, accurate auto collision claims and repair management decisions. The industry leader, CCC works with more than 350 insurance carriers – including the largest carriers in the country – and more than 21,000 repair facilities, processing the majority of automotive claims in the U.S. each year. Our software solutions improve our customers’ ability to efficiently manage the claims and repair process by improving communication between insurance carriers, repair facilities, parts providers, rental car companies and vehicle owners, among others. Our decision-support tools draw from insights contained in our extensive data warehouse, which includes aggregated claims and repair information from millions of claims-related transactions processed through CCC over the last 30 years. CCC leads the industry in technology innovation, including the latest mobile technology and apps, and continues to make strategic investments in areas that will help existing and future customers get consumers back in their cars quickly following an accident.
You can find out more about CCC Information Services Inc. by visiting the company’s web site at www.cccis.com.
About the Job
Are you ready to embrace the challenge of dealing with petabyte of data on a daily basis? Is combining structured *and* unstructured data your career’s next frontier?
Here is your opportunity to participate in complex SQL and NoSQL/Big Data projects with a focus on collecting, managing, analyzing and visualizing large sets of data and turning information into insights using multiple open-source and proprietary platforms. You will be able to use your strong Oracle database architecture skills to re-architect and/or optimize existing Oracle database installs or integrate those into larger data management platforms. You’ll also be given the opportunity to work on numerous Next Gen designs consisting of a healthy combination of SQL, NoSQL, Cloud, DevOps, and REST API technologies. You’ll be able to influence key strategic decisions on technologies, designs and operations. You will also be asked to develop prototypes, proof of concepts and production-ready implementation of the selected solutions using the most sophisticated data services offered by Amazon, Google and Azure.
We are looking for individuals who enjoy being challenged and to solve complex problems on a daily basis.
- Be part of a team of highly talented individuals building a data platform (warehousing, analytics, ETL, etc.) to handle anywhere between 1 and 100 million records
- Participate in building real-time data pipelines that produces up-to-the-second reports, using both proprietary and open-source technologies
- Participate in the design and delivery of Petabyte-scale data stores running in Amazon
- Design, optimize and operate data models used to store the data in the data stores
- Work with data scientists and other technical staff to operationalize analysis and machine learning algorithms
- Work with IT Operations on root causing incidents and providing technical resolution/guidance
- Drive culture change and promote cutting edge technologies and be able to articulate business advantages before diving into technology aspects.
- Work with architects and lead engineering on implementing data architecture strategies and other strategic initiatives for CCC.
- Participate and/or build technical prototypes in a lab environment or by using Public Cloud Provider services
- Use open source tools to manage complex data topologies
What You Need for this Position
- MS/BS degree in a computer science field or related discipline is strongly preferred.
- Minimum 6 years of Oracle RDBMS designs, implementations and operations, out of which 3 years in a Data Architect role.
- Proven track record showing the ability to influence, drive change and make sound decisions to support the business
- Proven track record showing ability to drive culture change while avoiding “political land mines”
- Expert-level experience on Oracle RDBMS 10g, 11g and 12c operations
- Minimum 5 years of Java programming.
- Minimum 3 years of Python programming for data integration
- Strong programming and design expertise with open-source Big Data or NoSQL platforms – Hadoop, DynamoDB, Redis, Kafka, Storm, Riak, etc.
- Strong experience with designing and optimizing data processing platforms including performance monitoring, tuning, etc.
- Experience with open source data technologies such as HBase, Cassandra, DynamoDB, Redis, Riak.
- Be a quick learner, self-starter with a strong sense of ownership to learn and promote new technologies or ways of doing.
- Need to be very hands-on with a variety of technologies and common system administration tasks, including programming (Java, Python) and/or scripting (Perl, shell) to be able to build POCs with little or no need for help.
Why Choose CCC
We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer generous benefit plans and resources designed with employee satisfaction in mind.
What we value is simple customers, employee commitment, collaboration and clear communication.
We hire people who will embrace the company’s goals and productively contribute in ways that help us serve the customer, innovate and stay strong.
We make it a priority to keep employees healthy, happy and enriched.
- Healthy - Wellness programs and Perkspot/employee discount program
- Happy – Recognition programs, a confidential employee assistance program and flexible work arrangements such as staggered start times
- Enriched –Tuition reimbursement, training and learning programs, and leadership development opportunities
Our corporate headquarters is located in downtown Chicago within the historic Merchandise Mart—a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building.
Our benefit plans include: medical, dental, vision, paid vacation/PTO/holidays, tuition reimbursement, 401 (k) plan with company match and more.
We also have a workout facility, foosball table, ping pong table, and full sized bocce ball court.
CCC Information Services was ranked #15 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago, by Built In Chicago, an online community for digital technology entrepreneurs in Chicago.
CCC is a great place to work. Join us!